In order to become an AMPS member you must first be a member of the Academy of Model Aeronautics (AMA). Visit www.modelaircraft.org to join or renew your AMA membership. After joining the AMA you can apply for one of the following AMPS memberships:
- Open Member – Adult – between 19 and 64 years of age – $165.00 per year – See first year membership prorated fees table on application form
- Senior Member – Adult – 65 years of age and older – $115.00 per year – See first year membership prorated fees table on application form PROOF OF AGE REQUIRED
- Junior Member – Up to 18 years of age – $15.00 per year PROOF OF AGE REQUIRED
- Non-Resident Member – $65.00 per year Non-voting member living outside of the Miami-Dade, Broward, Monroe, and Palm Beach Counties PROOF OF RESIDENCY REQUIRED
Click below on the form that better reflects your membership needs:
I want to join AMPS
application (Online) I want to renew
(Online) I want to join AMPS
application (Print) I want to renew my
See Article 7,
section 4 below *
Proof of AMA membership is required every year for AMPS membership renewal. All AMPS memberships expire December 31st and are renewable during the month of December. The Club Field Rules must be adhered to when using the club flying field. New members are required to read and understand these rules before joining the club.
All new members are required to perform at least one (1) day of Club service during their first year of membership.
Our club is very proud to offer flying instruction as part of its membership benefits. If you require this service, a flight instructor will be assigned to you. It is very important that you understand that this service is contingent upon instructor workload and that instructors are volunteers and may not be available at all times. Applicants requiring flight instruction may be wait-listed until and instructor is available.
Complete your membership application forms and send them with your payment to the address indicated on the form and begin enjoying the benefits of being and AMPS member.
* AMPS By-Laws Article 7, section 4 states:
A member shall be in arrears and shall not be considered active if his/her dues have not been paid as provided in Article 7, Section 1. A $10 surcharge will be assessed for dues paid during the month of January and as provided in Article 7, Section 1. Any member who allows their membership to lapse beyond the last day of January of any year will have their membership revoked. These members can be reinstated into AMPS by reapplying for membership as per Article 8, paragraph 2 and will not be given preference over any other applicant should a membership waiting list be in existence. Reinstatement requires full payment of yearly dues applicable to their level of membership plus a $25 reinstatement fee. Prorated fees do not apply to membership reinstatement.